Liberty Lake Oral Pathology
Dr. Cullum has received training in the diagnosis and treatment of both benign and malignant conditions that occur in the oral cavity and head and neck region.
Warning Signs of Oral Pathology include:
- Red or whte patches in the mouth
- Sores that fail to heal or bleed easily
- Lumps or thickening on your gums
- Chronic sore throat or rasping
- Difficulty chewing or swallowing
These changes can occur on the lips, cheeks, palate and gum tissue around the teeth, tongue, face and/or neck. Pain may not occur.
As an oral and maxillofacial surgery practice, our office commonly treats:
- Benign cysts and tumors of the jawbones
- Non-healing ulcerations in the oral cavity
- Bisphosphonate-related Ostonecrosis of the jaw
- Red and white lesions of the oral cavity (leukoplakia and erythroplakia)
At your oral pathology appointment, Dr. Cullum will perform a thorough history and physical exam with a focus on the area of concern. He will evaluate the area and may recommend biopsy of the lesion by removing the entire lesion or only a small portion depending on the lesion. After the specimen is evaluated and diagnosed by a pathologist, Dr. Cullum will discuss with you the options in your treatment.
We highly recommend performing an oral cancer self-examination every month. DO NOT ignore suspicious lumps or sores. If you have any concerns or questions, please contact our office or your physician.