Pre-Operative Instructions for Patients Undergoing Intravenous Anesthesia:
- You may not have anything to eat or drink after midnight prior to surgery with the exception of a sip of water to take any prescribed medications.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery.
- No vigorous exercise or physical labor the morning of your surgery.
- A responsible adult driver must accompany you to the office, remain in the office during the procedure and drive you home. You must be supervised for the first eight hours after surgery, or longer as necessary. If your ride is not present, your appointment may be cancelled.
- All Minors must be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian.
- You should not drive a vehicle, operate any machinery or make any important decisions for 24 hours following IV anesthesia.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with short sleeves and low-heeled shoes. Please avoid “flip-flops.”
- Contact lenses, jewelry and dentures should be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- Use the oral chlorhexidine rinse if prescribed to you.
*Oral surgery procedures are unique and we work with each patient to develop a personalized treatment plan, to make your surgery and recovery go as smoothly as possible. Please follow all further and personalized instructions provided at your appointments.